Is it really Memory?

doobu

Reputable
Jan 1, 2015
Thought it was solved. Apparently not. Corsair Vengeance 1600 RAM. I keep getting BSODS:

This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x74EC0)
Bugcheck code: 0xC1 (0x1801175400000000, 0x1978CF963, 0x0, 0x82)
Error: SPECIAL_POOL_DETECTED_MEMORY_CORRUPTION

This was probably caused by the following module: ntfs.sys (Ntfs+0xBE116)
Bugcheck code: 0xC1 (0x1801175400000000, 0x1978CF963, 0x0, 0x82)
Error: SPECIAL_POOL_DETECTED_MEMORY_CORRUPTION
file path: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\ntfs.sys

This was probably caused by the following module: iusb3xhc.sys (iusb3xhc+0x64083)
Bugcheck code: 0x1000007E (0xFFFFFFFFC0000005, 0xFFFFF88003D92083, 0xFFFFF88002FC47B8, 0xFFFFF88002FC4010)
Error: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED_M
file path: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\iusb3xhc.sys
product: USB 3.0 Device Driver

I am getting the usb driver error now as well ontop of the other repeated "software" issues.

The PC is throwing these errors, so I purchased new parts and built a new machine. I figured my mother board was going down. The only thing I've re-used was RAM which was brand new (RMA'ed actually to Corsair) and my Corsair cx600 PSU.

Soon as I installed Windows, bam. Memory Management errors. Tradesman worked with me and I did as he said, upped the voltage and set them to 1600 specs. Windows installed and worked fine for about a few hours. Boom. Back to the BSOD's.

Now, suddenly the USB errors are thrown in over..and over.

I'm at a loss at what to do...I'm really ready to just put this stuff in the closet and go buy a chrome book so I can at least attempt to work from home.

My older thread was "Memory strikes again...?" if anyone needs reference to my OLD problems..which are...new and evolving it seems.

Thank you all for all the help you give.

trademan knows his stuff, but I disagree with him on a few things (mostly ram-intel issues), so I'm willing to take a whack. I just need to get up to speed on this.

i can't find the old thread. please correct me if i misunderstand the situation

1) EVERYTHING in your system was replaced except for the PSU and RAM
2) you RMA'ed the ram while replacing everything else, and got sent ?new? ram
3) now the same problem you had before has returned

Can you list
1) your old system
2) your new system

and tell me if you've ever tried a different psu.

OK i found your old thread

http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-2570268/memory-strikes.html

here is what i'm seeing.

old system
i5-2500k
P8Z68-V LX
Corsair Vengence 1600 8gb (???)
Corsair CX600
Sapphire HD 68?? (50? 70?)
Windows 7 OS
???? hard drive
???? case

New system
g3258
Asrock (????) z97 chipset motherboard
GTX 750ti
RMA'ed Corsair Vengence Ram
SAME PSU
Windows 7 OS
???? hard drive
???? case

if you could fill in the details about the ram, the old gpu, the hard drive that might have failed and the new hard drive, as well as your current motherboard, and computer case.

Id like for you to hang with me on this one because we have a LOT of testing to do that wasn't done the first time around.

yeah. that's where i'm leaning too.

that said, i'd like to test everything first because he's already spent a bunch of money replacing parts he probably didn't need to replace. Lets make sure it's not a bad wire somewhere in the case a bad XMP profile, him needing to set the ram to T2 or something equally stupid.

Hi,

This is not a problem with your memory, it is a problem with a device driver. Since it's a corruption problem it's hard to find out which driver is the culprit. My recommendation is to install Windows 8.1 (trial is fine) with a minimum hardware set. Then, start installing the latest drivers for each device.

doobu

Reputable
Jan 1, 2015
Thanks for the responses. I find it hard to use my machine. I keep getting that USB driver error, which lags me out then it blue screens. It just started occurring.

The RAM is the Corsair Vengeance 1600. I bumped it up to full 1600 (was registering 1333) and upped the voltage to 1.55 as Tradesman recommended. That allowed me to install Windows 7. Now that it is installed I was still getting the same errors.

I got the RAM new just before I bought all the new hard ware. I had to RMA it to Corsair and I got it back in about 4 days. Put the RAM in the OLD system, memtest, and they failed together. Separately they pass in each dimm slot on the old board. I am attempting to memtest them now on the new machine.

The board I have now is the AsRock z97 anniversary board.

My old build started doing these BSODs about 8 months ago. I put up with it for a long while and I tried reinstalls, since it kept pointing to my old ATI card driver and windows drivers. I bought a brand new WD blue 1tb about 3 weeks ago and soon as I tried to install to it in the old system, errors. I figured it was my mother board. So, to prepare myself for a little powerhouse machine I got the G3258 and board that can hold future processors. Soon as I booted up with everything new except PSU and RAM, the same errors. I couldn't boot or install windows until I did what Tradesman recommended on the voltage.

Now the USB errors are occuring. All of windows and Intel drivers have been updated.

doobu

Reputable
Jan 1, 2015

That's what I assumed to do next, but these driver errors just started along with the previous BSODs as well. I have nothing plugged in except mouse and keyboard.

Also, I noticed when I boot up, my monitor turns off for a few seconds, then comes back on. The screen is stuttering (shakey) and takes a second to calm down. Just started this about 30 minutes ago.

doobu

Reputable
Jan 1, 2015

I had used the old case about two years. I needed a new one so I got a new Rosewill Challenger case. A lot more sturdy, better quality I think, than my old Nzxt case.

The old gpu was Radeon 6850 Sapphire. The mb was Asus p8z68-lx. Hard drive was an older WD 1tb. I replaced it with a WD Blue.

I originally tested the Corsair Vengeance 1600 in the old machine and they threw errors instantly when paired. When tested alone they passed in each slot. I kept getting BSODs so I assumed the MB could be failing, or god forbid, my processor.

This is the RAM. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820233144

RAM is the Corsair Vengeance 1600 - yes but corsair makes a number of different 8gb vengence ram. What is the model number? This will let us look up the RIGHT ram timings you should be using, just to make sure the ram is set up right

Thank you for the rest of your information. In the mean time see if you can find someone who will lend you a power supply.

doobu

Reputable
Jan 1, 2015
I am not sure where the T2 or T1 settings are. I see XMP settings but unless it's under another name in the bios, I do not specifically see those settings under the RAM set up and tweaking.

typically command rate/timing is the last setting in the bios on your ram timings.

doobu

Reputable
Jan 1, 2015

There are many many settings, but the command rate, listed as CR, is set to 2N and also "Auto" and will not let me change it.

6GzDfM8.jpg