Is it really worth RPCS3 emulator ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pee wee

Reputable
Jul 28, 2020
Hi guys,

I have read that the RPCS3 emulator is very demanding (consumes a lot of CPU) because the PS3 is a console with a very complex architecture. I think that for $30 that a PS3 costs there is no need for emulation. And $2000 PC neither. Is barely conceived.

What do you think about.... ?

Thanks & regards.

Yes obviously if you can get a PS3 for $30 and have the space to put it in it's many times better than using rpcs3.
You do not need a $2000 PC though, the games that have good compatibility can run on a pretty mid even low level PC.

Reactions: Pee wee
If you want the most pain-free way of playing PS3 games, get a PS3.

I don't think RPCS3 is in a stage where it's fairly straightforward to configure, setup, and get going. Especially since if you want to do it legally, you're also going to need to throw on a Blu-Ray drive in your computer (assuming PS3 drives don't use some weird on-board encryption that other BD drives don't use)

Especially since if you want to do it legally, you're also going to need to throw on a Blu-Ray drive in your computer (assuming PS3 drives don't use some weird on-board encryption that other BD drives don't use)
They do, you would still need one or a ps3 to capture the iso of the original game to play that on rpcs3, it doesn't play games straight from the disc, even on the ps3 most if not all games have to do some install.
https://wiki.rpcs3.net/index.php?title=Help:Dumping_PlayStation_3_games

Status
Not open for further replies.