Question is it running to hot

bdikkal

Honorable
Dec 16, 2018
I have a 13700k and a corsair aio ( the one in the photo - i am not sure about the exact model - it is 240mm is all i know). This is how hot the cpu gets during cinebench multi-core. Are these figures normal would you say, or is it running too hot?

aio
temps

bdikkal

Honorable
Dec 16, 2018
Hey there,

Whilst the temps do look high, this is the way those chips are designed to run at full load. Now, if it's too hot, is only a question you can really answer. If you're not happy with it, consider a stronger cooler.

Cinebench does put quite a load on the CPU, so I don't see anything too out of whack.
you'd say nothing that warrants a new (maybe 280mm) aio then?

you'd say nothing that warrants a new (maybe 280mm) aio then?

Well, that's kinda what I am saying. What case have you got? Yes, getting a stronger cooler may keep your temps down a little futher. Just keep in mind that when running a full all core load, the CPU gets hot, and it's deisgned to do so. A stronger cooler may be better for gaming temps, because you don't want to hear fans etc spinning up at full pelt while gaming.

Reactions: Fix_that_Glitch

bdikkal

Honorable
Dec 16, 2018
The case is a corsair carbide 678 low noise but druing the benchmark i open the front cover so airflow is good. (I have 3 140mm fans i use for intake - 2 at the front and one at the top. the two 120mm fans are exhaust at the top and there's one more exhaust fan at the back. it is rather cool inside the case.
during cyberpunk benchmark - all settings to max & no dlss off - the running temp is 70c to 83c.

Reactions: Roland Of Gilead

bdikkal

Honorable
Dec 16, 2018
Thanks for all the responses. I ended up replacing my 240 aio with with a 360 and the temps have gone down by 15 to 20 degrees. I was hoping to save some $ by using the old 240, but seeing as i spent quite a bit of money on this pc, i figured i might as well be on the safe side.