is it safe for an open air cooler card to reach blower card's temps ?

therios

Proper
May 3, 2018
is it safe for a 1080ti 2 fan card to reach 83-85c as founders edition card do ?
will it lower it's life span ?

Solution
Safe ? Yes
Optimal , no

I'd want lower temps for long term use personally, for me high 70's is the cut off point on acceptability.

If he has the stock fans in the stock configuration in an s340 that means he has no front intake fans at all (the s340 for some,reason comes with 2 fans both fitted as exhausts)

If this is the case then tell him to get 2 x 120mm (or better 2x 140mm) fans fitted in the front of the case.

With a 250w gpu like the 1080ti you need constant airflow.
By the sound of it he has none.

Also there is no reason to manually ramp fans up & down in afterburner, set the custom fan curve up properly & he should never have to touch it again.
safe??, I think you are ok.
Graphics cards target a temperature around 80c and work as hard as they can but maintaining that temperature.

What is your case?
How is your case cooling?
Any cooler, vga or cpu needs a good source of fresh air to do it's job.
If you take the case covers off does that help?

therios

Proper
May 3, 2018

im asking for a friend he have the s340elite with the stock fans and he didnt try opening the cover
im asking if its safe or not for a gpu to reach 80-85c

Safe ? Yes
Optimal , no

I'd want lower temps for long term use personally, for me high 70's is the cut off point on acceptability.

If he has the stock fans in the stock configuration in an s340 that means he has no front intake fans at all (the s340 for some,reason comes with 2 fans both fitted as exhausts)

If this is the case then tell him to get 2 x 120mm (or better 2x 140mm) fans fitted in the front of the case.

With a 250w gpu like the 1080ti you need constant airflow.
By the sound of it he has none.

Also there is no reason to manually ramp fans up & down in afterburner, set the custom fan curve up properly & he should never have to touch it again.

Solution

therios

Proper
May 3, 2018

actually that wont help .. the closed front panel must e removed for this to work .. i toled him to try to take the top exhaust fan and put it in the bottom front of the case .. hope this will work
thanks for you help =D