Question Is it safe for me to put rgb strips behind my motherboard

Ralston18

Titan
You are correct to be wary of any adhesives that get packaged along with the desired RGB strips.

And you are also correct to ask about electrical tape etc...

Adhesives and glues are tricky things: Will not stick when you need them do so but can become almost permanent even if advertised as "removable". Try to pull off the tape and a motherboard resistor comes off with the tape..... Not what you want.

However, I suggest another step back and ask are those RGB strips really required?

Note that the package contains only two strips, each just under 16 inches in length? Is that enough length to actually go around the motherboard or even along the intended perimeter? Are the plugs really convenient for plugging in and routing about? You might need extensions as well.

= = = =

My suggestion is to just forego the entire idea. Never let form (pretty colors) get in the way of function.

Sooner or later you will tire of the colors, the strips will stop working, or something else will happen forcing the removal of the strips.

And getting the strips off may become a problem and cause some damage or other issues. (Actually the initial installation itself could reveal some problem - not good if you are already half way into the installation process itself, hit a blockage, and need to abandon the project.)

All in all with things being as they are I am being very careful to protect and care for my computers, etc.. GPUs are hard to get. Other components may go down the same path.

I am not going to light up my computer or mess around with internal components (such as a motherboard) for the sake of cosmetics.

Save the money.

Just my thoughts on the matter.