[SOLVED] Is it safe for my system to place a potentially broken graphics card in it to see if it works?

Solution
so long as there was no shorting issues from the card, i'd say it's safe to plug into your system.

i keep a test system for this purpose but will admit to putting unknown cards into my day to day here and then when needed.

but do note that there is a risk involved

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
so long as there was no shorting issues from the card, i'd say it's safe to plug into your system.

i keep a test system for this purpose but will admit to putting unknown cards into my day to day here and then when needed.

Solution

justmeepiclols

Prominent
Nov 7, 2018

So apparently I was using a broken PSU power cable, so I used another one and my brothers system booted up fine with bios and the graphics card spinning. So I put the card into my system, it booted up into windows, but twice the screen turned randomly grey for like a mili second. This is my brand new system and I just didn´t feel comfortable so I shut down my PC and replaced it with the old one. It booted up with a blue screen and I was scared to death, but it restarted, did roubleshooting, restarted again, and sent me to the bios and I booted it up. Everything seems fine now. Maybe it was because I hadn´t installed the drivers beforehand?

Last edited: