is it safe now to install 1809 update after it got removed from microsoft site?

ismmostaar1

Honorable
May 28, 2018
The Windows 10 October 2018 Update (version 1809) was originally released on October 2, but because of a bug that caused data loss to several users, Microsoft was force to stop distributing the update.
so i'm just checking to see if that the file deletion problem have been resolved as i'm afraid i'll be loosing some of my digital movies i'm storing in my D partition.
thanks in advanced

Spinachy

Honorable
Feb 17, 2016
I was running it before it got repaired. IT IS REPAIRED NOW, SO YOU CAN USE IT. It never caused me any problems. It does some funny things, like try to move "My Documents" into onedrive, which is where it would occasionally fail. However, it is fixed now.

Colif

Win 11 Master
its not an overly exciting update, the only feature I liked was the dark theme now includes changing colours in file explorer. Most of what it updates is Edge.

the percentage of users affected by its bug was tiny but when users of OS number over 400 million, even a small percentage can be a lot of people. It seemed okay on my PC for the few weeks it was on it

Next update, can they add to multi desktop and let it remember icons placed on the different ones? Come on MS, you introduced it 3 years ago and just ignored it ever since.

Its live but its not showing on MS update for me yet. I can wait a few days before running the upgrade assistant.