[SOLVED] Is it safe or not to use an eletric cordless screwdriver on pc build?

danielm175

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2016
Hi,

So someone has told me who doesnt know anything about a pc build that you can not use an eletric cordless screwdriver inside a pc build. There reason to this is because it has a battery inside which can damage the PC. Is this true or not?

My point of view is that you can use an eletric cordless screwdriver only if you know what your doing like not overtighting the screws etc. But there shouldnt be any other danger right?

And yes we should use manual screwdrivers as it can be safer in terms of damanging the screws inside the build. But for the sake of this argument, can you or not use a cordless battery screwdriver to build the whole PC?

Thanks

Solution
Hi,

So someone has told me who doesnt know anything about a pc build that you can not use an eletric cordless screwdriver inside a pc build. There reason to this is because it has a battery inside which can damage the PC. Is this true or not?

My point of view is that you can use an eletric cordless screwdriver only if you know what your doing like not overtighting the screws etc. But there shouldnt be any other danger right?

And yes we should use manual screwdrivers as it can be safer in terms of damanging the screws inside the build. But for the sake of this argument, can you or not use a cordless battery screwdriver to build the whole PC?

Thanks
It's safe with few caveats, Need a slow or adjustable speed screwdriver with...
Hi,

Thanks
It's safe with few caveats, Need a slow or adjustable speed screwdriver with torque adjustments.
Reasons are that you have less feeling than ordinary ones and PC screws are not best of quality (soft) frequently screwing into brass so easy to strip. Much thicker handle makes it more difficult to control torque.
Otherwise, just because they are electrical makes no difference.

Reactions: danielm175
Solution