Is it safe? SSD "uncorrectable error in data" at LBA = 0x00000000 With only 17TB written

nikola.comp

Prominent
Sep 11, 2017
Just got an old Toshiba Q Series Pro 512GB, It works fine but the 7 "reported uncorrectable error in data" really bothers me.

Strangely all the 7 uncorrectable error happened at the same time some months ago (18755 hours) at the same LBA = 0x00000000. No more errors are logged thereafter.

The SSD works fine and these readings from GSmartControl also look normal:

Power on Time: 21623 hours
    Written: 17TB (33328316305 LBA)
    Reallocated sector count: 0
    Bad blocks: 0
    Percentage Used Endurance Indicator: 4

Those 7 UREs at LBA = 0x00000000 is kind of strange; I guess if the SSD is failing the UREs should come from different LBA instead of concentrating on the first LBA?

Furthermore, according to Facebook's SSD findings: Failure, fatigue and the data center:
SSD failures - i.e. UREs - are relatively common: 4.2 to 34.1 percent of the SSDs reported uncorrectable errors. In fact, 99.8 percent of the SSDs reporting an error in one week reported another error in the next week.

This pattern does not happen on my SSD, as mentioned, no more URE occurred after those 7 UREs.

Could any one let me know whether or not it is safe to ignore these 7 errors and continue to use this drive?

Here is the full output of smartctl:
https://pastebin.com/U8HfCxwA

Thanks in advance :)

nikola.comp

Prominent
Sep 11, 2017

Thanks for the suggestion.

Q Series Pro does not seem to have any firmware updates. However, I happened to find a toolkit on their support website; the "full scan" of the toolkit says the drive is ok, guess I don't need to worry about it for now.

TRENDING THREADS