Question Is it safe to buy Samsung USB memory sticks from 3rd party seller at Amazon?

modeonoff

Honorable
Jul 16, 2017
Hi, I recall that when I was looking for Scandisk memory for my phone few years ago, many people mentioned that there are many counterfeit ones sold at Amazon. How about Samsung USB memory sticks? The one I want (Samsung BAR Plus) is being sold by a 3rd party seller (and fulfilled by Amazon) with 99% good reputation the past year. Is it better to pay more and buy from Newegg (sold and ship by Newegg) instead?

Ralston18

Titan
Price difference - Amazon versus Newegg? Just how much of a difference?

There is always a risk of counterfeit products. For all re-sellers both online and off.

And the counterfeit products can be slipped into the supply chain anywhere along the way.

However to offer an answer, I would go with the "Amazon" source.

Especially if you are a regular customer and overall satisfied with Amazon's products, pricing, shipping, and RMA support.

Just FYI: Amazon has become quite aware of counterfeit product problems.

FYI: Google "Amazon Counterfeit Problem".

Hopefully Amazon is paying closer attention to the offerings of their "3rd party sellers".

modeonoff

Honorable
Jul 16, 2017
Thanks. The price different is just a few dollars given that the price at Amazon increased by a few dollars in a day so that different became less.

I recall that when people were complaining about Scandisk memory bought from Amazon (perhaps from resellers), they mentioned that those counterfeit memory lost and corrupted the data easily.

I recently had a horrible experience with a 3rd party seller. After a few complaints and investigation from Amazon, they decided to support me to get a refund.

Even third parties but specified as FULLFILLED BY AMAZON, has the same return policy as Amazon proper, so u can return at no cost, they will even send UPS out to pickup if you are in the U.S. I would feel better though if read/write speed clearly specified.

But sure these days, fakes are all over. Longest no-hassle return, Walmart-sold 90 days, Costco 1 year-forever?

What are u buying a 2TB stick usd$100?

Last edited: