AngelWitch1986

Reputable
Jul 28, 2019
I have never cleaned my computer, last time it was cleaned, that was 2014's autumn, when it started restarting and something bad happened, so it had to be taken to the computer repairsman.

Anyway, recently i started fearing that my pc would overheat and die, so i decided to look at the cpu temps (i used Open Hardware Monitor, i have intel core i5-2310 2.90ghz) and i saw that the temps when i'm workin can go pass 60 degrees, and if i play games, it can get up to 80 degrees and today i even saw it heat up to 92!
The Tjunction temp is 72 c, how is this even possible? I wasn't running anything very heavy either..
On one hand, i feel like OHM is not giving the correct temps, and i should try something else, but on the other - since the pc haven't been cleaned in 5 years... I have a cat too, you know.

So here's the deal, what if i open up the case, blow off all the dust i can find, take off the cpu fan and clean the heatsink (with , perhaps, a vacuum cleaner?) ? is it possible to break something?

I don't have thermal paste with me so i don't wanna take the heatsink off, let alone anything else, just the fan.

AngelWitch1986

Reputable
Jul 28, 2019
What is your airflow like in your case? how many input , how many exhaust.
Well.. there is a fan on the cpu, and on the gpu, the gpu one is at the back of the case. There are holes in front of it there. Also some holes on the side and a little bit on the front of the case, at the bottom.
Hopefully this is the thing you're asking about.. i haven't managed to the take the side of the case off yet, maybe when i look in i'll see more fans. I doubt so though, i looked in there through the holes with a flashlight some days ago...

TRENDING THREADS