[SOLVED] Is it safe to clean the pc with a blower ?

Solution
As the title said, is it safe ? Sorry if my question seems stupid xD
I clean PCs with compressed air all the time.

What kind of blower?

It can be safe....you just have to watch a few things...

First....you don't want to blow anything with too much force as it can break things....and how far away you blow it from is dependent on what you use to blow it with.

Also....make sure the air is clean. If you use air from a garage style compressor...you risk oil and contaminants unless you filter the air. If you use air from a can you are OK.

Also ....before I blow it out...I generally tip the PC upside down and shake it so anything that's laying in it comes out. You don't want shrapnel flying around when you are blowing.

There...
As the title said, is it safe ? Sorry if my question seems stupid xD

What kind of blower?

First....you don't want to blow anything with too much force as it can break things....and how far away you blow it from is dependent on what you use to blow it with.

Also....make sure the air is clean. If you use air from a garage style compressor...you risk oil and contaminants unless you filter the air. If you use air from a can you are OK.

Also ....before I blow it out...I generally tip the PC upside down and shake it so anything that's laying in it comes out. You don't want shrapnel flying around when you are blowing.

There might be more I'm not thinking of but those are the main things.

And I will stress...only blow it as hard as you need to to get the dust out....start with the nozzle far away and move closer but only as close as you have to.

Solution

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
I have personally found the leaf blower to be my favored tool for cleaning a really dirty old box. On my current machines which are on scheduled maint. I use one of the cans of air.
I try not to use an air compressor for the exact reasons above.

Ahhmmed

BANNED
Mar 30, 2020

What kind of blower?

There might be more I'm not thinking of but those are the main things.

And I will stress...only blow it as hard as you need to to get the dust out....start with the nozzle far away and move closer but only as close as you have to.
It is a vacuum cleaner that has a blower

Reactions: punkncat

TRENDING THREADS