[SOLVED] Is it safe to connect 10 Fans via splitters to a 6 Port Cooler Master ARGB PWM Hub?

Aug 14, 2020
Sorry for the question but its my first time to build a PC. First of all my motherboard is a Gigabyte Aorus B450 Elite and my fans are Coolermaster 120mm fan SickleFlow 120 ARGB (10 pcs). I'll use a Coolman Robin 2 case which is similar to the Tecware VXR. I saw this Coolermaster ARGB and PWM 6 port hub and plan to use it. So my questions are:

1. Is it safe to use 1 to 3 ARGB splitter cable in one of its ARGB hubs? Or only one is allowed?
  2. Is it safe to use 1 to 2 PWM splitter cable in one of its PWM hubs? Or only one is allowed?
  3. If ever 10 fans is possible to be connected to the 6 port hub via splitters and I used the SATA power for the hub, is it safe to plug to the motherboard's 3pin 5V ARGB header and 4pin SYS_FAN3 header?
  4. If its not possible what can you suggest?

I'm really confused with connecting these fans and hubs and I dont want to accidentally fry my motherboard or the fans' LED. I've attached a diagram showing my proposed connections here View: https://i.imgur.com/nJKjRSv.jpg
. Thank you so much in advance to anyone who can help a novice builder like me.

Solution
Honestly? Why on earth would d you want 10 fans in a build??

That case only has 9 mounts anyway, 4 of them are worthless.

3 in the front as intakes, 1 at the rear exhaust, 1 at the top rear exhaust.

That's the max you need and is still slight overkill.

That's not really answering the question though is it? You might think it's overkill and I might well agree with you on that. But if that's what the OP wants to do, it's not for us to make that decision for him or her.

OP, if the hub is powered from your power supply, it should be fine to do.

That's not really answering the question though is it? You might think it's overkill and I might well agree with you on that. But if that's what the OP wants to do, it's not for us to make that decision for him or her.

Reactions: ThatJigsawGuy
Solution
Aug 14, 2020

Thanks for the advice. But i saw builds like those and i liked it.

Aug 14, 2020

Thank you for answering my question. This was bothering me for days now. Thank you.

Jun 3, 2022
Thank you for answering my question. This was bothering me for days now. Thank you.
sorry for waking up old topics. but I have about same scenario as yours.

did you ended up do the fan setup like on your 1st post (10 fans with only 1 hub pwm)? is it working fine? I use the same cooler master pwm hub too

thanks!