Question Is it safe to connect two fan hubs to an argb port using a splitter?

arzaaan789

Prominent
May 4, 2020
Both of my argb fan hubs are powered by sata and can be connected to the motherboard for argb sync. So is it safe to connect both of them to a single argb port using a splitter cable? As i have only one port available

Lutfij

Titan
Make and model of your motherboard, the ARGB hubs and the devices you've paired with the hubs? There's a limit to how many devices you split from the header of your motherboard and that limit is mentioned in your motherboard's manual or specs page.

arzaaan789

Prominent
May 4, 2020
Make and model of your motherboard, the ARGB hubs and the devices you've paired with the hubs? There's a limit to how many devices you split from the header of your motherboard and that limit is mentioned in your motherboard's manual or specs page.

Msi b550m mortar wifi
One hub Is the one that comes with thermaltake v250 tg argb case
Another is thunder airbox (this one is a new company that is only in asia i think)
Coolermaster halo argb fan
Coolermaster argb gpu support

I need 4 argb connections actually. I have a argb cpu cooler and and argb gpu support bracket connected to one port. So i only have 1 argb port remaining out of the 2 on my mobo. Both the fan hubs are sata powered but i didnt know to connect it one port using a splitter or not. One hub has 3 argb fans and the other has 3 argb fans plus 2 argb strips.
Maybe i could connect in this way:
Hub with 3 fans plus strips and cpu cooler fan to one argb port
And
Hub with 3 fans and gpu bracket to one argb port.

Note: all fans are propeitrary and not interchangeable in the hubs. Only the cpu cooler fan and gpu bracket is not propeitrary and can connect to a normal argb port. The rest need the hub

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS