[SOLVED] Is it safe to daisy chain different brands of hardware to the same 5v argb header?

Apr 3, 2021
I have 3 Cooler Master MF120 Halo fans that will be daisy chained to the same 3-pin argb header. Could I add the AIO fans' 3-pin argb cable to that chain, even though they're Thermaltake? That would be 3 Cooler Master fans and 2 Thermaltake in the same argb chain to the header.

My two argb headers can handle a total of 500 LEDs combined (Asus ROG Strix 490-E). So it won't be over that limit for what I'm connecting (I believe it'll be 120 LEDs for that one header). I'm just unsure if the wiring will be compatible between the two brands, or if it's all standardized.

Solution
I have 3 Cooler Master MF120 Halo fans that will be daisy chained to the same 3-pin argb header. Could I add the AIO fans' 3-pin argb cable to that chain, even though they're Thermaltake? That would be 3 Cooler Master fans and 2 Thermaltake in the same argb chain to the header.

My two argb headers can handle a total of 500 LEDs combined (Asus ROG Strix 490-E). So it won't be over that limit for what I'm connecting (I believe it'll be 120 LEDs for that one header). I'm just unsure if the wiring will be compatible between the two brands, or if it's all standardized.
As long as they are both supported of aroura sync you should be good to go

Reactions: Triggeravus
Solution
Apr 3, 2021
Everything supports Aura Sync. I was just concerned with how compatible their wiring would be even though everything is 3-pin 5v. Probably a stupid concern...just don't wanna fry anything.

I thought about getting a SATA powered hub but shouldn't need it. Plus it would take up extra room and my cable management is already in need of help.

Everything supports Aura Sync. I was just concerned with how compatible their wiring would be even though everything is 3-pin 5v. Probably a stupid concern...just don't wanna fry anything.

I thought about getting a SATA powered hub but shouldn't need it. Plus it would take up extra room and my cable management is already in need of help.
Yeah no you should be good to go

Reactions: Triggeravus