[SOLVED] Is it safe to delete this partition?

twister86

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2014
After trying to solve this,

when swapped out the drive into my other PC, my computer made a new partition on my computer. that wasn't there before. (i no idea why)

but from disk management i can see the partition was created from my C: disk disk (ssd) and made a letter on E:

Again after trouble shooting my other thread, and removed the corrupt drive, (it nothing to do with this pc), is it safe to delete the partition E? i have no idea what its for or what it do or why it was automaticly created by my system, but can i delete it since it wasnt there before?

i dont wanna mess things up (more) so thats why i want ask first, but i dont want the partition or have my C: split up in many partitions.
The partition itself is kinda small, just 532 MB and it says it being used so only 85,1 MB is free space, but when i open it the letter, theres nothing inside. i even tried showing hidden files and folders and still nothing.

but it wasn't there before this , so thats why i want ask if it safe to delete.

Solution
How do you know? I mean where can you see that/tell that?
Is it normal to look like this for a windows installation drive?

also, where/how do i delete the partition letter ? (in this case K)
That is a typical size for a "Recovery" partition. One of the previous Windows updates created it.
In the context of a 500GB drive, that is 0.1%. Tiny. You're not really losing anything.

To remove the drive letter...

Right click on that partition.
"Change drive letter or path..."
There is an option to remove that drive letter.

Lutfij

Titan
You might want to parse a screenshot of what you're seeing in Disk Management. We can't simply state delete this(or that) without knowing if the partition is necessary. A lot of times people end up deleting the Windows folder, yes they do it, and then come around asking if they can undelete it, answer is often, reinstall the OS.

Might want to also elaborate on the storage drive's history around other systems.

twister86

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2014
You might want to parse a screenshot of what you're seeing in Disk Management. We can't simply state delete this(or that) without knowing if the partition is necessary. A lot of times people end up deleting the Windows folder, yes they do it, and then come around asking if they can undelete it, answer is often, reinstall the OS.

Might want to also elaborate on the storage drive's history around other systems.

Thats why I am asking, but im afraid to show screenshot right away because of my country language is not english so maybe you woudln't understand the screenshot.
wait.. ill upload it.

https://prnt.sc/iMmyi4XuQy8O

yes i moved E to K because E stole my other drive parition letter when i unplugged it to plug in the broken damaged HDD.

USAFRet

Titan
Thats why I am asking, but im afraid to show screenshot right away because of my country language is not english so maybe you woudln't understand the screenshot.
wait.. ill upload it.

https://prnt.sc/iMmyi4XuQy8O

yes i moved E to K because E stole my other drive parition letter when i unplugged it to plug in the broken damaged HDD.
That partition was always there.
Just now, it has a drive letter.

Right click, and remove the drive letter.

twister86

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2014
That partition was always there.
Just now, it has a drive letter.

Right click, and remove the drive letter.

USAFRet

Titan

That is a typical size for a "Recovery" partition. One of the previous Windows updates created it.
In the context of a 500GB drive, that is 0.1%. Tiny. You're not really losing anything.

To remove the drive letter...

Right click on that partition.
"Change drive letter or path..."
There is an option to remove that drive letter.

Reactions: twister86
Solution