[SOLVED] is it safe to DIY manual grounding computer chassis?

lastwood79

Honorable
Apr 16, 2018
my electric installation is ungrounded and i did DIY manual grounding with connecting a wire to screw near power supply and that wire connecting to concrete nail which plugged into the earth(ground) , as the result my pc isn't shock or tingle anymore when i touch it..but i do worry about the safety..will this method harm my PC component in long term? if lightning strikes my electric house will my PC get surged from unwanted electric from lightning?
my old PSU died months ago i suspect because of lightning or maybe from my diy grounding near PSU , and i decided to replace with new one but in case i just want to make sure this method is not harm my component
thanks in advance

Solution
so should i take off diy grounding from my pc?
You should worry about getting the house properly grounded. Your computer and diy grounding are not nearly sufficient to become a grounding point if any of the house appliances malfunctions. It might become worse than nothing.

lastwood79

Honorable
Apr 16, 2018
It might be the AC wiring in the house is the one that needs to be checked for proper grounding. Your computer should not have any potential on it if the AC cable and the PSU are in good working order.
yes electricity in my house is'nt properly grounded or maybe not have any grounding because this is an old house..i asked electrician for grounding installation but it cost quite expensive..so i did diy grounding and its works but i do worry about the safety for my components