[SOLVED] Is it safe to format one external hard drive while at the same time performing disc Recuva on another external hard drive?

Jun 11, 2018
I am in the process of getting rid of two older external hard drives and have already wiped them. However, the process of fully formatting one of the external hard drives will take a while due to it using a USB 2.0 connection. (If you are asking why I have a USB 2.0 external hard drive, it is because it sat around for years collecting dust and I never got around to wiping it). To save time while the USB 2.0 drive is being formatted, I would like to use Recuva to perform a deep scan on my other 1TB external hard drive, which uses USB 3.0, to make sure that it was wiped clean. However, I do not know if I may run into problems such as freezes, crashes, or other PC performance issues if I have both the formatting and Recuva processes performing simultaneously on the two external drives. Would it be safe to perform the tasks simultaneously or should I wait until the formatting is done and then use Recuva on the two drives? My PC uses an Intel i5-7600K CPU and has 16 GB of RAM. Thanks in advance.

TRENDING THREADS