Is it Safe to have a Msi Radeon R9 280 with a Msi Nvidia 750ti?

unitedkills

Honorable
Jan 9, 2014
I installed both of these cards into my pc.

Recently got a R9 280 with a new power supply 80+ Gold
My r9 280 as my primary
and my gtx 750ti as my secondary..

Only concern i have is that their both from the same company, and when i try to use the Msi Gaming app Autotune, My R9 280 doesn't change in clocks, but my gtx 750ti instead. I have also tried different games like:
Arma 2
7 Days to die
And Arma 3
But seem to have the SAME FPS.

Specs:
Amd FX 8320
8GB of ram Gskill
Gigabyte ga-970a-ud3p
750w 80+ gold PS

Please help! Thank you.

D

Deleted member 217926

You have an AMD card and an Nvidia card in the same computer. That doesn't work. Uninstall the 750 Ti and the Nvidia drivers and make sure the AMD drivers are up to date and the 280 should perform better.

What are you trying to achieve by having two video cards? They can't work together to improve gaming.

The only possible benefit I can see is either having a PhysX option from the 750ti, which isn't widely supported and is probably (IMHO) not worth the hassle and complexity of an extra card (if it's that important to you, just get a good Nvidia Card).
It could also be used to increase the number of monitors you can connect, but that 280 you have can already support 6 monitors with an MST hub... surely you don't need more than that!?

Take out that 750ti unless you have a really good reason to have it in there. It's just going to complicate things for no benefit.

unitedkills

Honorable
Jan 9, 2014

Well i want to keep using 2 monitors... but i dont have a monitor with an HDMI cable yet. So thats why i use 2 gpu's.
Will it be safe if i use an AMD radeon hd 6450 as a secondary?

D

Deleted member 217926

AMD drivers paired with Nvidia drivers on the same computer is just asking for all kinds of problems.

unitedkills

Honorable
Jan 9, 2014

Alright... i was hoping that i would beable to install both gpu's from the same company... like i did before.
My gtx 750ti with my hd radeon 6450

considering nvidia intentionally disables stuff when detecting AMD hardware in the same system as an nvidia card, i'd say you'll run into issues. (for example, nvidia doesn't let you use that 750ti as a physx card in a mix with an AMD card)