[SOLVED] Is it safe to Install Windows XP on my hp omen?

Aug 27, 2021
Hello everyone,

I am planning to install Windows 7 or Windows xp (if i am not able to find windows7 clean iso file).
So is it a good idea?
I am so fed up of the constant updates windows is sending.

Please help

Solution
Hello everyone,

I am planning to install Windows 7 or Windows xp (if i am not able to find windows7 clean iso file).
So is it a good idea?

Please help

It's a truely bad idea to install XP. Probably within a week of installing it and going onto the internet to do 'normal' things you'll pick up a root kit that will hold your system hostage. XP is not built from the ground up to prevent that as Win10 is. No matter how good it is, no anti-virus package is as good as chucking the whole MBR construct that enables it.

I'd only use XP on a system that's comfortably hidden behind an air- gapped firewall so it's not exposed to the internet. But if that's the case it would...
Hello everyone,

So is it a good idea?

Please help

It's a truely bad idea to install XP. Probably within a week of installing it and going onto the internet to do 'normal' things you'll pick up a root kit that will hold your system hostage. XP is not built from the ground up to prevent that as Win10 is. No matter how good it is, no anti-virus package is as good as chucking the whole MBR construct that enables it.

I'd only use XP on a system that's comfortably hidden behind an air- gapped firewall so it's not exposed to the internet. But if that's the case it would also never be annoyed by any of Microsoft's Windows 10 updates.

The constant updates with Win10 are intended to keep you safe, primarily with the changes that combat new and ever evolving exploits. The updates that intrude more are much less frequent at once a month. The truly annoying ones are only twice a year. They mostly happen in the background, asking you to restart when ready, and you can delay the update restart if you really need to.

Solution
D

Deleted member 14196

there are tools you can use to disable updates but as mentioned, it's a horrible idea if you go online at all with the computer

also, i do not think xp will even install, let alone run after if it does.

Reactions: oldcracc
D

Deleted member 14196

I mean no XP doesn't get anymore security patches as of 2014, and Windows 7 is ending support in a few years. XP is a terrible idea, 7 less so, but still its an outdated OS compared to today..

Here's an article on disabling windows updates in Windows 10.
these methods are all wrong and useless since Win10 has evolved. there are utilities that do what he needs done. Only in Server can you disable the update service. Try it on Win10 and it don't work, gets reneabled

logainofhades

Titan
Hello everyone,

So is it a good idea?

Please help

Horrible idea to install XP, as you won't be able to fully utilize the ram in your system, and the security risks involved. Those constant updates are also there to protect your system from attacks.