Question Is it safe to operate a Ryzen 5 2600 at 95c

May 9, 2021
Hey so I started using After Effects and when ever I Render something intense my CPU gets really hot now I noticed that my CPU has a constant Temperature of 95c while rendering I am just wondering if it's safe to use until I get a new CPU Cooler or should I stop rendering big projects until I get a better Cooler i don't want to damage it permanently. And if anyone is wandering it's not the GPU that's heating up the Case the GPU is sitting at cool 55c.

Thanks for any answer :D

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
Hey so I started using After Effects and when ever I Render something intense my CPU gets really hot now I noticed that my CPU has a constant Temperature of 95c while rendering I am just wondering if it's safe to use until I get a new CPU Cooler or should I stop rendering big projects until I get a better Cooler i don't want to damage it permanently. And if anyone is wandering it's not the GPU that's heating up the Case the GPU is sitting at cool 55c.

That's the temperature thermal throttling kicks in I would never run a processor that hot.

Ferimer

Distinguished

Do you own any case fans? have you overclocked?

Ferimer

Distinguished
OPEN

No i havent Overclocked my CPU i have 2 Generic Corsair Case Fans and AMD Stock Cooler.
So you have one Fan taking in air? With AMD stock fans Ive read that having it at 100% constantly is the way to go. I wouldn't bother with an AiO liquid, one leak onto your components nothing is covered. If you aren't doing any overclocking just stick to Air. Did you apply thermal paste? Or did you just use what was on the stock cooler?

May 9, 2021
So you have one Fan taking in air? With AMD stock fans Ive read that having it at 100% constantly is the way to go. I wouldn't bother with an AiO liquid, one leak onto your components nothing is covered. If you aren't doing any overclocking just stick to Air. Did you apply thermal paste? Or did you just use what was on the stock cooler?
Yeah i reaplied Thermal Paste like 5 Months ago and the CPU wasnt even at 100% only at 60%. Ok then i will get an Air Cooler i think i still have a Alpenföhn but no AMD Bracket xD but thx for the Answer

TRENDING THREADS