[SOLVED] is it safe to overclock my cpu on it's cooler

naruto66

Prominent
Jun 18, 2019
www.reddit.com
Hello, i just got this new R5 2600 and it came with a cooler Wraith Spire cooler, can i overclock it to 3.9GHz with it? and how?
thanks.

Rx580
r5 2600
8gb ram
Asus Rog strix b450-f gaming
520W seasonic

Solution
You can try to overclock it manually by setting multipliers and voltage. Just keep an eye on temperature and let it guide how far you go. Also, you might find the fan has to spin up pretty high (up to an ear splitting 5000 Rpm's on Spires) to keep it cool enough during heavy loads.

If you want fast and easy just enable PBO, disable limits and let it overclock itself. Sure, it's less effective than an 'X' CPU but it lets the processor manage itself and you might still see clock speeds up to 4.0 or 4.1Ghz in boosts.
You can try to overclock it manually by setting multipliers and voltage. Just keep an eye on temperature and let it guide how far you go. Also, you might find the fan has to spin up pretty high (up to an ear splitting 5000 Rpm's on Spires) to keep it cool enough during heavy loads.

If you want fast and easy just enable PBO, disable limits and let it overclock itself. Sure, it's less effective than an 'X' CPU but it lets the processor manage itself and you might still see clock speeds up to 4.0 or 4.1Ghz in boosts.

Solution