[SOLVED] is it safe to overclock with auto voltage?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ugijago

Reputable
Feb 28, 2020
hello i overclock xeon x5670 to 3.9 with auto voltage (1.264 - 1.272) is it safe? will it destroy my motherboard? temperature max testing with cpu burn less than 75(70-75)

Solution
The voltage you are showing is fine....Anything under 1.35v is usually good with 1.35v being Intels max safe for your CPU though you can go all the way to 1.4v which I would never do....but Auto always tends to feed a bit more vcore than required but you are well within specs and temps look good as well.

If you want you can try to lower the vcore and see if you are stable....but bottom line you are good to go as is..
The voltage you are showing is fine....Anything under 1.35v is usually good with 1.35v being Intels max safe for your CPU though you can go all the way to 1.4v which I would never do....but Auto always tends to feed a bit more vcore than required but you are well within specs and temps look good as well.

If you want you can try to lower the vcore and see if you are stable....but bottom line you are good to go as is..

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.