Question Is it safe to plug cables while the PC is power on?

InfinityVive

Great
BANNED
May 23, 2019
So uh, I have a 4k 27-inch monitor that I use to game on my PC and as a personal TV by plugging the HDMI analog cable in to my Receiver, But is it safe to plug the HDMI cable in the computer while it is running? I keep hearing it could cause electricity shortcut, But really nothing happens when I plug it in while my computer is running, Please give me an answer I want to know what I should do about that, I use analog cable.

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
There's always a small chance of electrical damage when a connection is broke or made when dealing with delicate electronics. I wouldn't worry too much tho.
Btw, you said you use the HDMI interface, but you later say you use an analog cable. Can't be both. HDMI is digital.

InfinityVive

Great
BANNED
May 23, 2019
There's always a small chance of electrical damage when a connection is broke or made when dealing with delicate electronics. I wouldn't worry too much tho.
Btw, you said you use the HDMI interface, but you later say you use an analog cable. Can't be both. HDMI is digital.
Well, I thought HDMI is analog : /

I would not attempt hotswapping HDDs/SSDs on any mainstream motherboards not specifically advertising their ports as being hotswap certified...

IcyDock has some removable drive bay affairs that fit in 5.25" drive bays with individual power switches that allow quick/easy drive swaps....