Question Is it safe to plug in a gaming PC and a monitor into an extension lead?

Jul 12, 2020
I'm not really sure where else to put this, so sorry if it's the wrong section.

I have a limited amount of plugs, so would it be safe to connect a gaming PC and monitor to a 13A rated extension lead?

The monitor in question: https://www.philips.co.uk/c-p/246E9QJAB_00/lcd-monitor-with-ultra-wide-color

The build in question:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor

Motherboard: Gigabyte B450 I AORUS PRO WIFI Mini ITX AM4 Motherboard

Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-2666 CL16 Memory

Storage: Western Digital SN750 500 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive

Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive

Video Card: Zotac GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER 6 GB Twin Fan Video Card

Case: Thermaltake Core V1 Mini ITX Desktop Case

Power Supply: Corsair TXM Gold 550 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply

Case Fan: Noctua NF-R8 redux-1800 PWM 31.37 CFM 80 mm Fan

Custom: 4 Way Fan Splitter

Thank you for any replies

popatim

Titan
What all is plugged into the outlet & extension? Outlets are typically 15amps. We don't want to overload that.

The outlet is probably also on a shared 10-15amp feed from the fusebox, overloading that will blow the fuse or trip the breaker. Shared means that it probably feeds lights and other outlets.

To answer your question, The pc will be fine, you wont draw enough power with just those on the extension.

Jul 25, 2020
right so, i built my first PC at the start of lockdown, everything was fine, very smooth and perfect. then all of a sudden my warzone bugged out when i changed the settings (blue fuzzy screen on the grass etc). this then effected my other games like fortnite where i had bad input delay and render problems. I had this issued looked at by a highly respectable Pc tweaker who couldnt even find a solution. So i assumed it as the PCs fault so i bought all new parts and made a new one, bam same issue again. even tried console on my monitor and that felt even worse. all my graphics were messed up on console i couldnt really see a thing. so i then assumed it was the monitor so i just bought a new one. and guess what, its not the monitor because it feels exactly the same. i literally just bought the new xbox and monitor and it feels like implaying on the xbox 360. bad input delays and graphics weird!

i use a basic extension lead, quiet an old one, i dont really know. please help

all my temps are fine ive done every single thing possible, but now im thinking its something to do with my bedroom or my plugs etc. Someone please help me youll be a life saver and ill be very happy!

Regards, Seb.