[SOLVED] Is it safe to plug two CPU fans as a single splitter to motherboard?

kodak9339

Commendable
Aug 6, 2018
Hey, this might be a silly question, I haven't started building yet, but I'm getting the Cooler Master 212 Hyper EVO that has two fans on either side and they're both connected as a splitter. I was wondering if it is safe to plug it into the motherboard (ASUS Z390-H) CPU header, will it overload it since its got two fans?

Thankyou!

Solution
It's perfectly safe but you won't be able to monitor both separately, of course.

I'd be very surprised if the fans are actually permanently connected to a splitter - you should be able to unplug them from it and connect them individually to separate headers. The Z390-H appears to have two CPU fan headers (CPU and CPU_OPT).

molletts

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2009
It's perfectly safe but you won't be able to monitor both separately, of course.

I'd be very surprised if the fans are actually permanently connected to a splitter - you should be able to unplug them from it and connect them individually to separate headers. The Z390-H appears to have two CPU fan headers (CPU and CPU_OPT).

Solution

kodak9339

Commendable
Aug 6, 2018

Yeah that could work too, there’s a picture depicting of the cooler with its parts laid out, and the connector for it looked like a permanent splitter, although i’m unsure if you can separate them or not. Guess I’ll have to find out when I get it! and Thankyou for your reply!