[SOLVED] Is it safe to put my PC on top of a straw table?

Giephri

Honorable
Apr 17, 2014
I have this table made out of straw and I want to put my PC on top of it. However, I'm worried that it'll build up static electricity or block heat. My case (Thermaltake Core V21 ) does lift up from rubber feet. The PSU fan blows towards the bottom.

Would it be alright to place my PC on it?

Solution
Yes it will be fine. In fact you may even get better air exhaust from the psu seeing as air can pass through the straw.

My only worry would be if its stable enough for the pc. When you set the pc on it does it wobble?

Giephri

Honorable
Apr 17, 2014
Yes it will be fine. In fact you may even get better air exhaust from the psu seeing as air can pass through the straw.

My only worry would be if its stable enough for the pc. When you set the pc on it does it wobble?

The table is tall and light but it seems stable enough. The wobble is minimum when I shake it with force. Honestly my PC has already experienced many shakes from my current plastic table every time I accidentally hit it with my leg/body, so it's much more safer on the straw one if ever... :p

The table is tall and light but it seems stable enough. The wobble is minimum when I shake it with force. Honestly my PC has already experienced many shakes from my current plastic table every time I accidentally hit it with my leg/body, so it's much more safer on the straw one if ever... :p

I highly do not recommend wobble as you just never know if 1 time you hit it hard enough if it will fall over.

Also if you have a mechanical HDD, those discs inside are pretty easily damaged/warped from being tilted too much.

With that out of the way, youll most likely never have an issue but I would at least try to get a non wobbly surface like a cheap small wooden table and spraypaint it black, like I did :)

Giephri

Honorable
Apr 17, 2014
I highly do not recommend wobble as you just never know if 1 time you hit it hard enough if it will fall over.

Also if you have a mechanical HDD, those discs inside are pretty easily damaged/warped from being tilted too much.

With that out of the way, youll most likely never have an issue but I would at least try to get a non wobbly surface like a cheap small wooden table and spraypaint it black, like I did :)

Gotcha thanks!