Jul 10, 2019
A few days ago while i was away from my computer, a program opened up (a windows terminal) that started deleting all my files on my computer... when i got to my computer it was to late, everything was gone. The only stuff that was left was the few programs i had left open on my computer, and the few files windows refused to delete. Everything that wasnt running was gone, including windows own apps. Stuff like the Photo viewer and even the search bar (basicly i can click on the windows button but its laggy and all the pinned apps are either gone or crashes imidietly after i open them, and if i hit any key on my keyboard to try to search windows, nothing happens)

Basicly, everything was gone. So i quickly got Recuva downloaded, and i recovered all the files it found to a new 2 tb harddrive (I had a few harddrives connected in addition to my ssd with windows on it that all got wiped). Im currently trying to copy all the files i could recover back onto the drives they used to be on, but im struggling even with that. It seems like ive lost all administrator priveleges, for example, everytime i open the task manager (wich was open when everything got deleted) it now asks me "Do you want this software by an unknown developer to make changes to your computer" and i have to click yes or no. This happens to almost all settings aswell, and im pretty sure it has never done that before. Also, when i try to copy paste files from my recovered files, it sometimes tells me that i cant move some of them because i dont have the requirements.. ect ect.

So, what i need to know is, should it be safe to at some point do a restart of Windows? Or is it possible that it somehow deleted the files that windows needs to boot? And if that could be the case, is there any SAFE way to fix that?

Like, is there a thing that checks for missing files and repairs windows?

And also, IS my admin gone, or is that just because of some file missing that would check if i am an admin?

THANKS FOR ANY HELP, SORRY FOR MISSPELLINGS, IM FROM SWEDEN

TRENDING THREADS