Is it safe to shrink C: partition beyond the limit using 3rd party software?

Nico Santosa

Reputable
May 27, 2014
Hi, I just bought Lenovo 330-14IKB and it come with pre-installed windows 10 Home64bit with 1TB and come with 2 partitions Windows( C: ) 889GB and Lenovo( D: ) 24,9GB, so what I'm going to do is to make partition but when I try to shrink the C: drive it only allow me to shrink it to 449GB while I want it to become 300GB. So it is safe to shrink the C: drive beyond that limit using 3rd party software and will it affects my System Recovery or acces to the Novo Button for reset in the future? because inside a Lenovo( D: ) there are some drivers and onekey recovery which I thought the recovery system/Novo there so i'm still unsure if it okay to shrink my C: . Any help would be appreciate :)

USAFRet

Titan

What size is the physical drive?
What size are the two partitions?
What size are you considering shrinking the SO partition to?
What OS is this?

Nico Santosa

Reputable
May 27, 2014

It is 1TB HDD, the C: drive is 889 GB while D: is 24,9GB and I want to shrink C: into 300GB but it only let me to shrink it to 449. The OS i'm using is windows 10 home 64bit

USAFRet

Titan

First, run a full defrag on the drive.

Nico Santosa

Reputable
May 27, 2014

Sorry for late reply,i've tried that before and it didn't work and i guess i will let it be as it is now because i won't risk to lose my system recovery. thanks anyway (y)