[SOLVED] Is it safe to turn off my UPS without first switching off the PSU ?

Jun 30, 2021
So, today i had a power outage in my area, and I had to shut down my computer immediately.
After that, I turned off the UPS without turning the PSU switch to off.
Is there any chance that the PSU will suffer some kind of stress from doing this?
I have read that unplugging the PSU without turning it off can cause multiple connections and disconnects in the process, and stress the PSU.
Since the UPS has a switch that disconnects the components of its internal battery when it is turned off, is it possible that this stress is minimal or comparable to turning off the PSU first?

I have a EVGA 220-GA-0550-X1 btw
And a FORZA NT-1011 UPS

Solution
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Not stress, no, but it's a good idea to turn off all intermediary rocker switches to the off position. As for the shutdown process, you should shut down the system via the GUI, Start>Shutdown and wait for the system to shutdown. If you shut down the system by hitting the UPS power button, then that's a no-no.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Not stress, no, but it's a good idea to turn off all intermediary rocker switches to the off position. As for the shutdown process, you should shut down the system via the GUI, Start>Shutdown and wait for the system to shutdown. If you shut down the system by hitting the UPS power button, then that's a no-no.

Reactions: Phillip Corcoran
Solution