[SOLVED] Is it safe to turn on laptop without keyboard plugged-in ?

Jun 15, 2020
Hi.

I have removed the keyboard of lenovo T460s and want to know if it's safe to turn on laptop ?

Laptop is working fine except keyboard where several keys stopped working after I mistakenly spilled tea with sugar on keyboard.

Immediately I unplugged power cable, and turned off laptop using power button.

Now I am in process of fixing keyboard but meanwhile I want to know if its safe to turn on laptop without keyboard ribbon plugged-in? If its safe then I will use USB Keyboard to continue using laptop while I fix or replace the damaged keyboard.

Thanks.
Batool

Solution
That's fine i had a HP laptop without it's keyboard plugged in for years i took it out for airflow so i can game, I passed it on to my nephew it's still working fine past 7 years.

Kamal007v

Honorable
Nov 15, 2014
That's fine i had a HP laptop without it's keyboard plugged in for years i took it out for airflow so i can game, I passed it on to my nephew it's still working fine past 7 years.

Solution
Jun 13, 2020
Yes, perfectly fine. Can run it with external peripherals. You can run a laptop w/o screen, keyboard, touchpad, any of the built-in peripherals connected if you have external items connected.

TRENDING THREADS