[SOLVED] Is it safe to use a 220v AVR to a 600w PSU?

Jul 20, 2021
Hi. I just bought a PC and I'm still confused as to what to use. The seller gave me a 220v AVR. He said it would be enough for my CPU and monitor. Here are the specs.

Processor:AMD Ryzen 5 3500
Motherboard:ASUS TUF A520m Gaming
Memory:16gb 2x8gb ddr4 ram 3200mhz crucial
SSD:480gb ssd kingston m.2
HDD: 1TB hdd seagate
Case: Keytech T1000 TG w/ RGB fan 4X
PSU:600w int awake 80+ Bronze
Graphics:GTX 1650 Nvidia

I'm worried that I might be using the wrong type of AVR...or that I need a UPS instead.

Solution
Hi. I just bought a PC and I'm still confused as to what to use. The seller gave me a 220v AVR. He said it would be enough for my CPU and monitor. Here are the specs.

I'm worried that I might be using the wrong type of AVR...or that I need a UPS instead.
"V" voltage and "W" wattage are completely different electrical parameters. Voltage needs to be compatible with your mains power. Wattage or "A" amperage is the amount of electricity that your PC is using. A 600W power supply is...

kanewolf

Titan

"V" voltage and "W" wattage are completely different electrical parameters. Voltage needs to be compatible with your mains power. Wattage or "A" amperage is the amount of electricity that your PC is using. A 600W power supply is the MAXIMUM the power supply can supply. It doesn't tell you anything about actual use.
Since this is a voltage regulator, rather than a UPS, it probably has a fairly high amperage rating. If you provide a model number, then we may be able to find more technical details of the AVR.

Solution
Jul 20, 2021
"V" voltage and "W" wattage are completely different electrical parameters. Voltage needs to be compatible with your mains power. Wattage or "A" amperage is the amount of electricity that your PC is using. A 600W power supply is the MAXIMUM the power supply can supply. It doesn't tell you anything about actual use.
Since this is a voltage regulator, rather than a UPS, it probably has a fairly high amperage rating. If you provide a model number, then we may be able to find more technical details of the AVR.

Thank you for answering! Um... I'm not really sure if this is a well known brand. It's locally made AVR and I can't seem to find the model number in the manual or box. Though, I found out that each 220v port can supply up to 500w. Is this enough for the CPU? I'm not really familiar with this so I don't know what's going on.

Jul 20, 2021
If this a voltage converter, check the label on your power supply. It may already be a so-called universal power supply that works with any mains supply.

Thank you for answering. I'm not sure if it's a converter... Nothing in the manual and box said that it is. The manual states that it's only for computer use. Each 220v port supports up to 500w and the single 110v port supports 50w. Is this enough?

Thank you for answering. I'm not sure if it's a converter... Nothing in the manual and box said that it is. The manual states that it's only for computer use. Each 220v port supports up to 500w and the single 110v port supports 50w. Is this enough?
Let's step back, what exactly are you trying to do? What are you plugging the computer into and where do you hope to plug in this other thing into?

TRENDING THREADS