Is it safe to use a CPU/cooler backplate from a mobo Asrock 970 de3 am3+ on a Gigabyte 970 G1 Gaming am3+ ??

apce_8

Prominent
Aug 5, 2018
Hello guys. Is it safe or can cause some short circuit/damage on my motherboard ??

Short history...I bought a Gigabyte 970 G1 Gaming from my friend to use temporarily with a FX8320, until the prices of GPU's and memory back to normal!

He forgot to give me the backplate from the mobo G1 Gaming, and i use the backplate of my old Asrock mobo! It has the same size and screws. I tighten not too much, no bent etc.

So...i am using the PC for gaming on the last 48h with no problems. Should i worry about a short circuit or something that can cause damage to the motherboard ?? It is not over tighten, but im worried if the backplate is touching the case and the motherboard.

Sorry for my english, it is not my first language.

The backplate from the Asrock

board_rear_zpsevid6srr.jpg
[/URL][/img]

And the G1 Gaming

kLEJndf_zps8hcaqi0k.jpg
[/URL][/img]

Thanks for your help!

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
It's am3+. Any am3+ backplate will work as long as it has the right connection for the pins/screws etc. The brand of the mobo doesn't matter, am3+ is am3+, all the same holes, all that matters is if the backplate will work with your cpu cooler.

apce_8

Prominent
Aug 5, 2018
I am using a Coolermaster TX3-EVO. Taking a close look to the Black Asrock backplate i saw some sort of "relief" in the middle, that prevent it to touch the mobo!

Thank you COLGeek, and Karadjgne!!=]

TRENDING THREADS