Question is it safe to use a graphics card that is relatively worse than my current one(rtx 2060) and my setup or pc(dire need of help:(...very confused

May 27, 2019
i currently have a rtx 2060.so i got code from the purchase of my pc that i am currently trying to redeem but falied,cuz it requires a gtx graphics card gpu to redeem, so i was wondering if its SAFE to buy a gtx 1660 and install it into my pc than redeem the code and swap back into my rtx 2060. should i have anything to worry about for just this task of mine

Correct me if I'm wrong, but you received a code when you bought a new PC, that reimburses or give some discount for a GTX1660. And you are wondering if there would be a problem installing a GTX 1660, which would be a down grade of your current Graphics card. As long as your motherboard is compatible with a GTX 1660 (eg plugs into the same slot), than it doesn't matter what your other card is; the only difference might be a perceived reduction in the graphics quality. My question is, why do you have to install the graphics card at all? Just buy the GTX1660, send out the proof of purchase and redeem your code. Unless NVIDIA has some utility that confirms you have the Graphics card installed, I can't imagine why you would want to do so.

May 27, 2019
Just buy the GTX1660, send out the proof of purchase and redeem your code. Unless NVIDIA has some utility that confirms you have the Graphics card installed, I can't imagine why you would want to do so
[/QUOTE]

:exactly that,when i try redeeming the code onto geforce experience it tells me"you do not meet the hardware requirements to redeem this code.some codes can only be redeemed when the gpu is installed"so i think i will simply buy a gtx 1050 and install it and hopefully its compatible lol