Question Is it safe to use DiskGenius Software to wipe internal HDDs While Windows 10 is running if Windows 10 is not installed on either of those HDDs?

Feb 18, 2019
I am preparing to wipe my computer clean and start fresh after graduate school. I will continue using the computer for at least a few more months after I wipe it. It has built up a lot of clutter from my studies in graduate school, which I am completing in the next week. I have Windows 10 Home installed on my SSD and I plan to do a clean installation of the operating system. Before I do that, I have two internal hard drive discs (HDDs) that I wish to wipe clean. I have read the instructions for using DiskGenius Software for wiping external hard drives listed under Method 2 Case 1. I will provide a link to the Web page at the end of this question. My Question is since Windows 10 is not located on either of these internal HDDs, would it be safe to install DiskGenius in the SSD where Windows 10 is located and have it wipe the two HDDs or could I run into problems despite Windows 10 not being located on those two HDDs?

Here is the link to the web page:

https://www.diskgenius.com/how-to/how-to-completely-wipe-a-hard-drive.php

Thanks.

USAFRet

Titan
1. No "Disk Genius" needed. There are easier and better ways for this, built right into the OS.

2. TEST before you do anything you can't recover from.
To test, disconnect ALL physical drives except your SSD with the OS on it.
Power up.
Does it boot properly?

If so, we can continue.

Mind Games

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2013
When you insert your CD and enter your boot options you will see an option to format your C drive (SSD) you will also see your two hard drives there as well with their respective drive letters. Judging by partition sizes you can select the two drives and format them from there, without software and without installing win10 to them.

Mind Games

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2013
When you insert your CD and enter your boot options you will see an option to format your C drive (SSD) you will also see your two hard drives there as well with their respective drive letters. Judging by partition sizes you can select the two drives and format them from there, without software and without installing win10 to them.

You got the best man in the buisness on this thread, take it away USAFRet! Disregard this answer.