[SOLVED] Is it safe to vacuum near a PC tower?

Sep 3, 2019
I'm considering changing the layout of my desk/PC setup. I was thinking about buying a small floor riser on which I would place my PC tower, but I need to know if vacuuming near the riser (under and around it, for example) could pose a risk to my PC.

I know that you're obviously not supposed to vacuum the inside/hardware of your PC, but I haven't really found anybody asking about vacuuming near one yet.

Solution
I'm using vacuum every day. TBH I used to use vacuum on my PC and PS4 both, never had issues. It happens like once in thousand that there is an issue. I would say it's safe. And on top of that I'm one of those who would rather put something over PC/PS4 for dust not to get into during night, and I'm not worried about issues with vacuum at all.

Ralston18

Titan
The overall concern being some static build up that zaps the computer.

Doubt that there is any concern per se.

I regularly vacuum around my PC towers.

However I have both of them mounted on homemade wheeled boards so each computer can be easily moved for access, maintenance, and cleaning.

Still my procedure is to shutdown the computer, unplug it, and move it out of the way.

Sometimes I skip unplugging if not particularly convenient at the time....

Only takes a couple of minutes to vacuum , maybe two or three times a month (seasonal) and I do not worry at all.

Occasionally someone else vacuums and I know that they just skirt around the tower.

My greater fear is a certain very enthusiastic vacuumer crashing into everything...

dsr07mm

Distinguished
I'm using vacuum every day. TBH I used to use vacuum on my PC and PS4 both, never had issues. It happens like once in thousand that there is an issue. I would say it's safe. And on top of that I'm one of those who would rather put something over PC/PS4 for dust not to get into during night, and I'm not worried about issues with vacuum at all.

Solution