Is it safe updating graphic cards?

DylanPC123

Reputable
Mar 18, 2015
Lately I have been getting a few glitches on my screen while playing some games such as h1z1. I have a r9 280x and a i5-4690k both of which have never been overclocked. I posted a forum about what to do to resolve this issue and one of them was to reinstall the driver on the gpu. I bought my r9 280x brand new from ebay about 1 and a half year ago and there has never been a problem. Will updating my graphics card cause any harm to my computer if so would it be worth taking the risk. I am operating on windows 8.1. If it is safe to update my graphics card without any problem do i do it through the device manager section or should i download it straight from the site. Thank you.

Solution
Hi,

There is no harm in updating your GPU, also you should have it already the drivers under Radeon Software Crimson Edition. If you dont have it, then go to AMD and get it from there.

Regards,

IceMyth

Honorable
Dec 15, 2015
Hi,

There is no harm in updating your GPU, also you should have it already the drivers under Radeon Software Crimson Edition. If you dont have it, then go to AMD and get it from there.

Regards,

Solution