[SOLVED] Is it safe using a PC when the humidity is over 80 percent?

Solution
I used to live in a place where humidity was routinely 80%+ in the summer. My computer worked just fine. In an interesting fluke, if you were planning on working on the computer, higher humidity is actually better since static build-up is harder to achieve in humid environments.

Humidity is only corrosive if there are other things in the air that make it so. If you live next to the ocean, then yes, things rust faster because there's also salt. However, most of the exposed metal parts in a computer use corrosion resistant metals. Like gold plating is used on the contacts of expansion cards and some connectors. It's only a problem if things that are normally covered get exposed.
i live in Florida where the humidity is usually over 80%. have built and used PCs for 20+ years here and have never had an issue with component wear\damage by high humidity levels when leaving my windows open at night.

and especially if you are indoors with an A\C running, there is absolutely no risk at all no matter what the outdoor humidity levels may be.

I used to live in a place where humidity was routinely 80%+ in the summer. My computer worked just fine. In an interesting fluke, if you were planning on working on the computer, higher humidity is actually better since static build-up is harder to achieve in humid environments.

Humidity is only corrosive if there are other things in the air that make it so. If you live next to the ocean, then yes, things rust faster because there's also salt. However, most of the exposed metal parts in a computer use corrosion resistant metals. Like gold plating is used on the contacts of expansion cards and some connectors. It's only a problem if things that are normally covered get exposed.

Solution

USAFRet

Titan
v0z6oMd.png

My PC is approx 1 meter from an open door to the back porch. Has been there for years.

Currently, the humidity outside is 91%.
Later today, it will be at 100%.
The air will be so saturated, water will literally be falling from the sky. (this is often referred to as "rain")