Is it still worth buying gtx 970 or should I wait for the upcoming graphic cards and when will it probably come

Abhishek 2899

Commendable
Apr 24, 2016
I am planning to build a PC soon but a little confused whether I should wait for the upcoming nvidia graphics cards or buy the gtx 970 and I don't want to very long or should I get the gtx 960 4gb if I do so then I would be able to upgrade sooner but any how I don't plan to upgrade at least for the next 3-4 years and I like to play all types of games likes Indies,gta, riser of tomb raider, call of duty,etc

Solution
It will be worth waiting for Pascal. But the time it comes here(From India right?) will be late. Pascal is supposed to release by June. What is your budget? The GTX 970 is good. The GTX 960 has 128bit memory bus, while the GTX 970 has a 256bit memory bus, so the GTX 970 is better. Even though it has 3.5+0.5 vram. Most games don't exceed 3GB.
It will be worth waiting for Pascal. But the time it comes here(From India right?) will be late. Pascal is supposed to release by June. What is your budget? The GTX 970 is good. The GTX 960 has 128bit memory bus, while the GTX 970 has a 256bit memory bus, so the GTX 970 is better. Even though it has 3.5+0.5 vram. Most games don't exceed 3GB.

Solution

Inkiad

Distinguished
I think in June NVIDIA will release the workstation cards. Then maybe in august release the consumer versions of pascal.
Anyway in india it will come at least 3-4 months after the release, and the price will be high. And in india the prices of old cards don't drop that much. There's too much hype for the pascal. I don't think the consumer version will live up to this much hype.

970 can deliver smooth games in 1080p in high details. I would say it will last you 2-3 years. And there's always the option of overclocking. Buy what you need now, don't wait for what you want.

Latest posts