[SOLVED] is it the cpu? 30 second reboot loop

Yasser85

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2014
twitch.tv
my pc was working fine but if i knock or hit the desk it freezes and i have to restart the pc,, this time it frooze and when i restarted it went into a 30 seconds reboot loop while showing nothing on my monitors.

what i did:
removed cmos battery and pressed the power button for a while with the power cable unplugged
pressed on the ram
air blow the whole case
unplugged monitors, keyboard, mouse, internet cable, pretty much everything but the power cable

during those 30 seconds both cpu and gpu fans are wroking, i can see the leds of the gpu turnned on normally.

can someone help me? thanks

Solution
Check your DIMM seating: unseat each DIMM and reseat in the socket. Make sure you have each one firmly clicked in place. Also check the DIMM's in each socket, one at a time.

Yo can also check CPU mounting, but that's going to be more involved.
Check your DIMM seating: unseat each DIMM and reseat in the socket. Make sure you have each one firmly clicked in place. Also check the DIMM's in each socket, one at a time.

Yo can also check CPU mounting, but that's going to be more involved.
It's got to be a loose connection...most likely something on the motherboard. Reseating and tightening all connectors and cards: GPU, 24pin, SATA drives, even M.2 NVME.

If you check all of those and it still persists it might be a cracked solder joint on the motherboard (or something else). Finding that is going to be hard. If on the motherboard probably best to just replace it; back in the day I'd touch every solder joint with a hot iron to reflow but that's not wise with SMT and BGA components.