Jan 21, 2021
hi!,so about a week ago my pc died while im playing, and im sure it is a PSU problem , and at that time im also thinking it'll be a great idea to replace my gtx 1050, so i bought 2 PSU and a RX580 , why 2 PSU? bcs i have an old PC which also died from PSU issue, and thinking to put my GTX 1050 there. and then i install new psu and the gtx 1050 to my old PC, and when i start the pc up, theres sparks and smokes coming from the gpu, so i immediatly pull the pc power cable out, Im 100% sure that the gpu is dead rn. so.... is it a problem with the gpu itself or the PSU? does it have anything to do with my PC died while still on? or is there any problem with the new PSU? oh yea the PC works fine without the gpu. im asking this because im about to buy another gpu for my old pc and did not wanna screw up another gpu.

Last edited:
Solution
Ur psu was on max presure while gaming and since it isnt stable it caused some 'unclear' power to come to your gpu,which probably fried it.
Thats what im thinking
Jan 21, 2021
Ur psu was on max presure while gaming and since it isnt stable it caused some 'unclear' power to come to your gpu,which probably fried it.
Thats what im thinking
oh ya i forgot to mention that the gpu isnt 80+ and making weird noise before it finally died, and so it means i should be fine installing a new gpu to my old pc right?

TRENDING THREADS