Is it the power supply to Asrock H77m causing problems?

LuckyDogInOhio

Honorable
Sep 15, 2013
I'm installing an Asrock H77M and it's not going well. After assembling, I got no post and no beep, although the fans work. Followed the 'no post no beep" sticky, nothing changed. Exchanged the motherboard and got the same damn problem. Removed the 24 (20+4) pin connector to double check orientation...was right...removed the two 4 pin PSU power supplies and noticed the clamps fit together only in the way I had them so that's not the problem either. Also pulled off the systems speaker but it was correct too. Lastly, pulled off the reset switch and left it off.
Turned the power supply on in back, this time the fans come on before I ever hit the power supply in a pulse manner and the power led pulses In rhythm. WTF? Conveniently, the crappy manual has no trouble shooting section that I see. Same results after clearing cmos
It's a budget power supply, 650W Kingwin

LuckyDogInOhio

Honorable
Sep 15, 2013
OMG, it's the F-ing power supply. I'm so pissed. I drove all the way back up to Microcenter and told them their motherboard was dead when it's probably fine. Grrrrrrrrrrrrr! Dear Kingwin, please keep your crud off the market. You kill all the joy of building a computer.
Dear Microsoft, please make your key codes even more difficult to read. It will give me a reason to visit the Hubble telescope.