[SOLVED] Is it time to upgrade?

Jul 12, 2020
Hello,

so, I own this computer for at least 2 years.
I have 8gb of ram, i7 6700 and gtx 1060 6gb, rest is mystery for me :rolleyes:.
I never had big trouble with my PC, last year I even had my PC checked in local service, installed W10 and yeah, felt good. But yesterday I downloaded COD Warzone, it was fine, no troubles at all. Today I started the game and had huge fps drops, lags etc. I played on 100fps+, but today I'm glad I can hit 80 on same place. When someone shoots at me, I get max 30fps, its unplayable. I checked task manager and my memory usage is 93% - 95% when playing COD. I have no trouble in other games. I tried changing settings, doing other stuff with game, but it doesn't help.
So, is it time to upgrade my ram?
I mean, I'm student, I have no money, so I feel kinda sad that this happens in a game I enjoy after longer time.

Thanks everyone for response

Solution
Yeah 8GB isn’t sufficient for most modern games, especially when Windows can take up to 2GB of RAM at times. I would upgrade to 16GB, which can handle any game with other apps open in the background. Unfortunately, 8GB just isnt cutting it anymore.
Yeah 8GB isn’t sufficient for most modern games, especially when Windows can take up to 2GB of RAM at times. I would upgrade to 16GB, which can handle any game with other apps open in the background. Unfortunately, 8GB just isnt cutting it anymore.

Solution
Jul 12, 2020
Okay, thank you so much, I'll do that then..

Have a nice day