Question Is it true that Windows 12 will be released next year?

kacper6768

Great
BANNED
Mar 5, 2023
Is it true that Windows 12 will be released next year?
Will Windows 12 support native Android APK app launch without having to install emulators like LDPlayer?
Would it be possible to install Windows 12 on 5-year-old computers and would Windows 10 drivers match Windows 12? Drivers are no longer being released for 5 or 10 year old computers.
In addition to requiring newer processors and motherboards, will Windows 12 have higher minimum RAM requirements or the need for SSD or NVRAM? Can it be more overloaded than Windows 10 that the HDD would muddy so much that using it on slow disks would be so slow that it would be impossible? Windows 10 can be used on the HDD disk when unnecessary background services are turned off.
What news will Windows 12 bring?
Will it have DirectX13 built in? On a 5-year-old or 10-year-old computer, it doesn't matter, but for those who have the latest equipment and like to play the latest games, it is very important information.

In Windows, I don't like the idea that when logging on to the desktop, Microsoft employees had the idea that it was necessary to connect to the Internet, i.e. if someone has problems with coverage, they could not log on to the desktop. Fortunately, even in the latest Windows 11, they did not implement it.

mod edit - spacing

Last edited by a moderator:
Is it true that Windows 12 will be released next year? Will Windows 12 support native Android APK app launch without having to install emulators like LDPlayer? Would it be possible to install Windows 12 on 5-year-old computers and would Windows 10 drivers match Windows 12? Drivers are no longer being released for 5 or 10 year old computers. In addition to requiring newer processors and motherboards, will Windows 12 have higher minimum RAM requirements or the need for SSD or NVRAM? Can it be more overloaded than Windows 10 that the HDD would muddy so much that using it on slow disks would be so slow that it would be impossible? Windows 10 can be used on the HDD disk when unnecessary background services are turned off. What news will Windows 12 bring? Will it have DirectX13 built in? On a 5-year-old or 10-year-old computer, it doesn't matter, but for those who have the latest equipment and like to play the latest games, it is very important information. In Windows, I don't like the idea that when logging on to the desktop, Microsoft employees had the idea that it was necessary to connect to the Internet, i.e. if someone has problems with coverage, they could not log on to the desktop. Fortunately, even in the latest Windows 11, they did not implement it.

Hey there,

I think you should take the list of questions, and put them into ChatGPT! ;)

It's too far out, and not enough is known to answer your questions.

Win 11 will prob be supported up to 2025 or so.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Would it be possible to install Windows 12 on 5-year-old computers and would Windows 10 drivers match Windows 12?
2 questions in one.

If win 12 released next year, it won't be that much different to win 11 now. It will likely have more restrictions, insist PC has secure boot enabled instead of just being capable of it, for instance. But a 5 year old PC if it matched win 11 specs, would work on 12. I expect to use this one on it...

Win 10 drivers work on win 11 now, and MS changed the driver model in win 10, I don't see them wanting to make that change any time soon so if the drivers are sent to MS for testing with 12, the 10 drivers will probably still work.

will Windows 12 have higher minimum RAM requirements or the need for SSD or NVRAM?
win 11 already suggests solid state. So its always possible.

We don't know, our crystal balls are broken.

win12 is rummored to only work with second security chip (pluton)....that would make obselete way more computers than win 11 did lol....so next year? no way, intel is behind
that would be dumb. Bad enough they cut off a lot with win 11, doing it twice in a row is just stupid. Especially without giving some warning to the people who would buy the thing. They need to stop believing that the only people who use win 11 also have laptops and work in tech and can afford a new throw away PC every year.

Why not just wait for end of Unix time and release them after everything dies. People will need new hardware then. Okay, it isn't any time soon though... i expect MS want to release a new OS before 2038 - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Year_2038_problem

that would be dumb. Bad enough they cut off a lot with win 11, doing it twice in a row is just stupid. Especially without giving some warning to the people who would buy the thing. They need to stop believing that the only people who use win 11 also have laptops and work in tech and can afford a new throw away PC every year.

Why not just wait for end of Unix time and release them after everything dies. People will need new hardware then. Okay, it isn't any time soon though... i expect MS want to release a new OS before 2038 - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Year_2038_problem
they could force it on oem and leave it optional for system builders
pluton is pretty much just superset of secureboot/tpm

Reactions: paullyh

Colif

Win 11 Master
well, if they do it to OEM, then all it does is replays what happened with TPM on win 10. Nothing will happen and then suddenly WIn 13 will have it mandatory and everyone will cry and point fingers at MS when really it was hardware makers who did nothing except in laptops.

well, if they do it to OEM, then all it does is replays what happened with TPM on win 10. Nothing will happen and then suddenly WIn 13 will have it mandatory and everyone will cry and point fingers at MS when really it was hardware makers who did nothing except in laptops.
actually forced TPM happened on win 8 lol, but OEMs protested (alongside with german goverment) so it went away under radar xD

Apr 14, 2023
"Microsoft has announced that Windows 10 will be the "last version" of the dominant desktop software.1 This statement was made at Microsoft's Ignite 2015 conference and has been met with alarmist reactions."

Microsoft is a reputable Company and Bill Gates is an extremely trustworthy gentleman!

USAFRet

Titan
"Microsoft has announced that Windows 10 will be the "last version" of the dominant desktop software.1 This statement was made at Microsoft's Ignite 2015 conference and has been met with alarmist reactions."

Microsoft is a reputable Company and Bill Gates is an extremely trustworthy gentleman!
"the last version" is irrelevant.

The Windows 10 of April 2023 is not the same Windows 10 of October 2015.

And Bill Gates is no longer CEO. Has not been for years.

Apr 14, 2023
"the last version" is irrelevant.

The Windows 10 of April 2023 is not the same Windows 10 of October 2015.

And Bill Gates is no longer CEO. Has not been for years.
You are correct. Versions change all the time. But in the context of my post and the quoted statement of MS officials i think it was claimed by MS that there will be no win10 or 11 or 12 after win10. It was not about win10 1908 will be the last "version" , i think. But please don`t answer it. I don`t want to dilute this thread.
My post was just about expressing my disrespect about MS and BG in general. Maybe i am a lil`tipsy right now....

USAFRet

Titan

In addition, that was never a policy statement from actual Microsoft.

Rather, a throwaway line from one specific developer.

Apr 14, 2023
In addition, that was never a policy statement from actual Microsoft.

Rather, a throwaway line from one specific developer.

Thanks for the insight. What makes me think is : how could an unapproved statement of a simple developer cause a stir so intense , that i in my cave heared about it. As i said before: my 1st post was rather emotional and i don`t want to dilute this thread. But be thanked for correcting me, i had different assumptions and insufficiant knowledge. For me Windows 10 is the latest "version" (whats the better word?) that is relevant for now and probably the next 2 years. Only if software that i desperately want is only supported by windows11/12 i might change my mind. So i am not really in the right thread here. Excuse me please if i caused disturbance.

Apr 14, 2023
Word on the street is that he in deed farted and continues to do so. (talking about BG and farting quote did not work)

Man you trigger me to keep diluting this thread and i dont want that. INstead tell me a good offline Text-to -Speech aplication for windows 7. XD

Apr 14, 2023
well i don`t know how to pm you (and maybe you dont want a pm from me) .
i am a complete noob here on this specific forum . I have used many fora and most of them were shut down because of changes in the law. (i am from germoney and we had drastic changes in accountability and privacy laws). I once was a reputable forum member of a german forum with a handful of active users, but they were top notch cutting edge state of the art people. Then they had to close the forum for the reasons mentioned. Usually i am provided with the necessary informations i need using search engines in my browser. But things have chaned. I used to be able to use +x and "%x" to specifie my search requests, nowadays it does not have that impact anymore. Thats why i am here.

Edit: all of my posts on this thread can be erased without causing any anger on my side. I just had bad experiences with reddit (tried to ask a question without success) and just wanted to test if my posts even come through. Have mercy on (or with) me.

USAFRet

Titan
well i don`t know how to pm you (and maybe you dont want a pm from me) .
i am a complete noob here on this specific forum . I have used many fora and most of them were shut down because of changes in the law. (i am from germoney and we had drastic changes in accountability and privacy laws). I once was a reputable forum member of a german forum with a handful of active users, but they were top notch cutting edge state of the art people. Then they had to close the forum for the reasons mentioned. Usually i am provided with the necessary informations i need using search engines in my browser. But things have chaned. I used to be able to use +x and "%x" to specifie my search requests, nowadays it does not have that impact anymore. Thats why i am here.

Edit: all of my posts on this thread can be erased without causing any anger on my side. I just had bad experiences with reddit (tried to ask a question without success) and just wanted to test if my posts even come through. Have mercy on (or with) me.

Eventually, you may get replies.

I do not know of such an application.

Reactions: Jasonandson
Apr 14, 2023
@

USAFRet: thanks for investigating! it is not that urgent and i can wait for replies if that is realistic. things seem to shift drasticly nowaday. Time accelerates and sheet. I highly appreciate your effort evene if they were to no avail. THIS IS THE WAY (mandalorian quote)​