is it unlocked?

tinman

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2001

I have a t39m from rogers that I had unlocked. I can use my fido sim in it,
however I can not seem to get the ROGER gprs stuff out of it. Any comments
on how I can get this fixed? Also I can not get a WAP update from the
Sonyericsson site on this phone, but local sms comes in fine. Please help :)

Thanks
Greg

Your phone is either completely wap-locked or semi-locked. If you're lucky,
it's only semi-locked. What that means is that you cannot get the Rogers
GPRS settings out of the phone, but you're free to add more gprs profiles
(i.e. Fido). If it's completely locked, then you won't even be able to add
new profiles. The only way to completely unlock the phone would be to flash
it with unbranded software.

Good luck!

CU

"tinman" <g2gremove@spamtelus.net> wrote in message
> I have a t39m from rogers that I had unlocked. I can use my fido sim in
it,
> however I can not seem to get the ROGER gprs stuff out of it. Any comments
> on how I can get this fixed? Also I can not get a WAP update from the
> Sonyericsson site on this phone, but local sms comes in fine. Please help
:)

> Thanks
> Greg

---

tinman

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2001

Thanks for the response...Ill have to play with it...If it is completely
lock, if i got the unlock code from rogers would that fix it?

TIA
Greg
"Cellular Unlocker" <cellularunlocker@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Your phone is either completely wap-locked or semi-locked. If you're
lucky,
> it's only semi-locked. What that means is that you cannot get the Rogers
> GPRS settings out of the phone, but you're free to add more gprs profiles
> (i.e. Fido). If it's completely locked, then you won't even be able to
add
> new profiles. The only way to completely unlock the phone would be to
flash
> it with unbranded software.
>
> Good luck!
>
> CU
>
> "tinman" <g2gremove@spamtelus.net> wrote in message
> > I have a t39m from rogers that I had unlocked. I can use my fido sim in
> it,
> > however I can not seem to get the ROGER gprs stuff out of it. Any
comments
> > on how I can get this fixed? Also I can not get a WAP update from the
> > Sonyericsson site on this phone, but local sms comes in fine. Please
help
> :)
> >
> > Thanks
> > Greg
> >

> ---

The unlock code will only remove the service provider lock (which is what
locks the phone to one provider/sim). To unlock the GPRS settings, you must
flash your phone. No other way (unless someone can prove me wrong, ??).

> Thanks for the response...Ill have to play with it...If it is completely
> lock, if i got the unlock code from rogers would that fix it?
>
> TIA
> Greg
> "Cellular Unlocker" <cellularunlocker@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Your phone is either completely wap-locked or semi-locked. If you're
> lucky,
> > it's only semi-locked. What that means is that you cannot get the
Rogers
> > GPRS settings out of the phone, but you're free to add more gprs
profiles
> > (i.e. Fido). If it's completely locked, then you won't even be able to
> add
> > new profiles. The only way to completely unlock the phone would be to
> flash
> > it with unbranded software.
> >
> > Good luck!
> >
> > CU
> >
> > "tinman" <g2gremove@spamtelus.net> wrote in message
> > > I have a t39m from rogers that I had unlocked. I can use my fido sim
in
> > it,
> > > however I can not seem to get the ROGER gprs stuff out of it. Any
> comments
> > > on how I can get this fixed? Also I can not get a WAP update from the
> > > Sonyericsson site on this phone, but local sms comes in fine. Please
> help
> > :)
> > >
> > > Thanks
> > > Greg