Is it Win7 or is my network adaptor going bad?

KuriousJorj

Honorable
Oct 25, 2013
I recently did a 'repair install' of Windows 7 on my system. Over the last few weeks, I started losing internet connection upon startup; my network connections icon in the task bar will have that yellow triangle w/ the exclamation point, showing no connection.

It's not the modem, router, or ethernet cable.

The only fix I have, is to uninstall the network adapter driver via device manager, then restart the computer. It will then automatically reinstall the network adapter, and properly connect to the internet. But I have to do it every time I restart.

So is my motherboard (network adapter) going bad, or is this a Windows 7 thing?

board -- gigabyte 990fxa-ud3

Hello... 1) Driver - Install the MB Maker driver for your NIC... Never use Windows update hardware drivers for NIc, GPU... seen this a lot with Auto Updates turned on.
2) Windows 7 is solid OS.

*** you should first delete the Microsoft driver from installed programs list first for best results... create a 'restore point' when ya got it working good, for fast future fix.

KuriousJorj

Honorable
Oct 25, 2013

I inserted the motherboard driver disk... but it's saying the drivers are already installed.

KuriousJorj

Honorable
Oct 25, 2013

The motherboard driver disk is not helpful. It says the drivers are already installed. I tried searching the disk and manually installing them. They wouldn't install, and one even got stuck 1/2 way through so now I get a wonderful window popping up telling me the install wasn't complete.

So I removed and deleted the network driver hoping that would allow me to install from the board driver disk. Still won't install, still says it's already installed. Still won't work, and now I can get NO INTERNET WHATSOEVER.

So now what do I do?