Is it worth buying a Macbook Pro 15 Retina now or wait for 2016 new Macbook Pro?

homeboyboom

Reputable
Jun 13, 2014
Hey,

As stated in the title. Should I buy the Macbook Pro 15 Retina now or should I wait for a new one to come out next year? Will it be a lot better or its still worth buying the one thats out now? I would get full specs on the Macbook Pro 15 if I were to buy it.

Thanks in advance.

Solution
It really depends on what GPU they plan on putting in the next one. The CPU, particularly its performance is probably not going to improve much from 2015 to 2016. The move to Skylake will only give it slightly better performance and slightly better power consumption. Everything else will also probably be pretty much the same except for [maybe] the GPU. If the apps that you are running don't really require too much GPU power, then I'd say get the one out now. You won't have too much buyer's remorse especially if they use a similar Radeon series GPU in it.

cub_fanatic

Honorable
Nov 21, 2012
It really depends on what GPU they plan on putting in the next one. The CPU, particularly its performance is probably not going to improve much from 2015 to 2016. The move to Skylake will only give it slightly better performance and slightly better power consumption. Everything else will also probably be pretty much the same except for [maybe] the GPU. If the apps that you are running don't really require too much GPU power, then I'd say get the one out now. You won't have too much buyer's remorse especially if they use a similar Radeon series GPU in it.

Solution