[SOLVED] Is it worth buying a second-hand GPU and if so what's the best place to look for these ?

sqizzzzel

Commendable
Nov 5, 2019
I've been wanting to update upgrade my gpu to something better the card I currently own is a rx 580 4gb oc
And the way the market is I won't be able to buy one brand new because of the high prices I willing to spend 350 to 400 euros on a card but just can't seem to find one at a good price cann anyone help with an upgrade recommendation and also where to look for good prices

Side note: if your wondering what I use my pc for and what gpu to recommend I manly game on the thing, games like hunt.showdown/total war games. hope that helps.

Solution
You can also get 2070 Super for around $700-750, depending, which is the 1440p equivalent to the 1080p Rx580 and in the same rough ballpark as the older 1080ti, without the power consumption, but adds in DLSS and first gen Raytracing support.
D

Deleted member 14196

For what you’re going to pay I don’t think it’s worth it to buy used. You’d be better off buying a pre-built with a good card in it

Your RX580 is still a good card. Any upgrade should be a meaningful jump.
Something like a 3060 or a GTX1080ti.
Worth, of course, is something only YOU can determine.

In the US, a GTX1080ti goes for some $700 on ebay.
Your RX580 4gb sells for $250-$300.
Ebay protects buyers and not so much sellers.
Best to buy from someone with good feedback who is just trying to recoup something for his own upgrade.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
You can also get 2070 Super for around $700-750, depending, which is the 1440p equivalent to the 1080p Rx580 and in the same rough ballpark as the older 1080ti, without the power consumption, but adds in DLSS and first gen Raytracing support.

Solution