PSU: Corsair CX 600

and i want to buy GTX 1080
so theres some info : This GPU costs 750 Euro in my country
the seller sells it for 320 Euro
the seller also said that it was mining crypto currency for 1 year
should i buy it and is it worth.

Solution
Hey there,

Well, I think it's a bad buy IMO. It's been used for mining, you don't know how hard. The Seller may say that, but do you trust them? The card could fail at any time after you get it. On top of that, your system is gonna bottleneck that card a bit, and certainly in any CPU demanding games. You might want to consider a new PSU too if your current CX is more than 3 years old.
Hey there,

Well, I think it's a bad buy IMO. It's been used for mining, you don't know how hard. The Seller may say that, but do you trust them? The card could fail at any time after you get it. On top of that, your system is gonna bottleneck that card a bit, and certainly in any CPU demanding games. You might want to consider a new PSU too if your current CX is more than 3 years old.

Solution

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador
What country are you in? I would imagine an RX5700 goes for about that price new, and performs about the same as a GTX 1080 (I'm using Germany as my reference, though).

But, @keith12 brings up a good point - if you want the video card for gaming, the more important questions, before choosing a card are:
  • What is your monitor's resolution?
  • What is your monitor's refresh rate?
  • Does your monitor have FreeSync, GSync, or neither?
    • If it has FreeSync, what is the FreeSync range?
  • What games are you going to play?
Finally, that PSU you have - is it a CX with the green label? And, how old is it?

Last edited: