[SOLVED] Is it worth changing the Intel stock cooler with Hyper 212 Evo?

Armoredhound

Reputable
Jun 25, 2020
Please stick to 1 thread
Hello I will be buying Hyper 212 Evo in like 2 days from the local store (30$)

My question is - is it worth buying it?

I don't want to spend much more money for cooling but friends told me it's very nice budget cooler.

Is it tho? Can anyone tell me some temperatures with I5 2500K?

Solution
It'll work fine on the 2500K. I use one on a 3570K and OC fine. It's mostly newer power hungry CPU that it isn't ideal for. The paste which comes with it is fine. I used it for a while and had no OC issues. I think I have Arctic Silver 5 on it now. Just since I cleaned it a couple years ago and I had a large amount of the stuff.

If your friend has some MX2 to spare. Sure, why not. It may shave off a degree or two. Proper application is more important than anything. You're just trying to fill the tiny scratches, pits and other imperfections in the metal.

Armoredhound

Reputable
Jun 25, 2020
Yes it is far superior to the stock cooler. Provided you have a z series chipset board, it will also allow you to do some overclocking. I ran the older 212 plus, on a 3570k, at 4.0ghz, for a few years myself.

Have you ever played games like GTA V using this CPU?

I am really mad about the fact that I get 95C during Valorant matches. Really want to enjoy it as far as other people do.

Armoredhound

Reputable
Jun 25, 2020
Hello.

I am about to buy a Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo and I would like to know some user-friendly opinion about it.

Currently going to use it on I5 2500K, but opinion about any CPU will work.

Does it have negative parts? If it does, what are they?

How much will it improve my temperatures? Is it worth buying it and changing it with the stock cooler?

Armoredhound

Reputable
Jun 25, 2020
Hello.

I am wondering, should I use the Cooler Master paste that came with the Hyper 212 Evo, or get MX2 from a friend.

Or either use the 15 cents bucket of paste I have? :D

It'll work fine on the 2500K. I use one on a 3570K and OC fine. It's mostly newer power hungry CPU that it isn't ideal for. The paste which comes with it is fine. I used it for a while and had no OC issues. I think I have Arctic Silver 5 on it now. Just since I cleaned it a couple years ago and I had a large amount of the stuff.

If your friend has some MX2 to spare. Sure, why not. It may shave off a degree or two. Proper application is more important than anything. You're just trying to fill the tiny scratches, pits and other imperfections in the metal.

Solution